For you new traders out there, it can be overwhelming figuring out how exactly to dive into the markets, but we’re here to help!
We’ve compiled a list of our most helpful articles based on your where you’re at in your trading journey. Not only that, you’ll find other resources such as trade walk-throughs to show you a position from beginning to end, and answers to frequently asked questions.
Want a little bit extra? Check out our top book recommendations that tap into the overall market wisdom and timeless strategies.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact here.
but before we get into the nitty gritty…
Do you have what it takes to be a trader? Discover the skills and mindset needed to withstand the markets.
NEW TO TRADING
What STOCKS TO TRADE
- The Trade Risk’s Swing Trading Framework
- How to Develop Simple Swing Trading Strategies
- How Moving Averages Can Simplify Your Trading
- Trading Leveraged ETFs for Max Profits
- How Smaller Profit Targets Can Improve Your Trading
- How Market Internals Can Improve Your Trading
- How to Position Size When Swing Trading
- Why End of Day Trading Is Superior
- Pros and Cons of Using Profit Targets
- Adapt to Dynamic Markets or Fail
- How to Emerge From a Trading Drawdown
- How to Emotionally Manage Winning & Losing Trades
- How to Optimize your Emotional Capital
- How to Take The Emotion Out of Trading
GENERAL TIPS & ADVICE
- Trading Tips, Tricks & Painfully Learned Lessons
- Trading Mistakes & Bad Habits to Avoid
- 35 Swing Trading Questions Answered (AMA)
- How to Obey A Trailing Stop
- How to Manage A Winning Trade
- How to Trade The Monthly Chart
- Sticking with Leaders
Brian Shannon’s book on technical analysis using multiple time-frames is one of the best for explaining market structure and simple trading strategies. If you are new to trading, this is a great well-rounded book:
Al Brooks technical analysis of price action for the serious trader series built the foundation for how I learned to read price action. These are dense books, and a bit advanced, but well worth the reads for serious traders.
I couldn’t leave out the classic, must read Market Wizard series by Jack Schwager where he interviews the world’s top traders:
Finally, two timeless classics with loads of market wisdom:
- Reminiscences of a Stock Operator by Edwin Lefevre
- How I Made 2,000,000 Dollars in the Stock Market by Nicolas Darvas
ready to take the next step?
If being active in the stock market without needing to stare at screens all day is something that interests you, then I encourage you to learn more about our swing trade alert service.
Keep In Touch
Subscribe to The Trade Risk’s YouTube channel where we frequently publish videos on market recaps, trading education, stock tips, and more.
Finally, make sure you are signed up for our weekly trading newsletter to stay up to date with markets and everything at The Trade Risk.
Best of luck on your trading journey!