Brian Lund — Live episode sharing market analysis & answering your questions
Smarter Trading Podcast Episode 19
Hello everybody, our guest today is Brian Lund, a fintech executive, investor, and writer with over 35 years of trading experience.
Brian is the publisher of The Lund Loop, a weekly newsletter in which he writes about the intersection between markets, trading, and life.
In this special live episode of Smarter Trading, host Evan Medeiros and special guest Brian Lund, are on camera, sharing their screens, chatting about the current market environment, trade opportunities, and the psychology of market sell offs.
This episode is sponsored by Investor’s Business Daily
I don’t need to tell you that the key to succeeding in the stock market is having a system and sticking to it. That’s where Investor’s Business Daily comes in. IBD has helped investors navigate every market cycle with their time-tested methodology for over 35 years.
Right now Smarter Trading podcast listeners can get their first 2 months of IBD Digital, a subscription service that gives you access to IBD’s proprietary market analysis and top trade ideas for only $20 by signing up at investors.com/evan.
Watch the interview in video here
Apple podcasts | YouTube | Spotify | Google | Amazon
Key learning points & timestamps
- 0:00 Stream waiting
- 0:39 Introduction
- 3:40 Putting the current correction into context
- 6:20 Diving into the technicals of the current market
- 10:10 Measuring social sentiment
- 15:00 Trading futures and balancing reward versus stress ratio
- 18:50 Crypto trading, infrastructure risks, & risk management
- 25:00 Pot stocks overview: charts, technicals, and industry
- 34:30 Trading the defensive areas of the market
- 36:50 Shorting the market and finding bearish bets
- 44:50 Relief rally; what the Fed is doing; fundamental data
- 49:40 Chart analysis: EEM, FXI, & PINS
- 52:40 Distorted valuations and anchoring on prior price levels
Highlight clip: Optimizing your stress-adjusted trading returns
Enjoy what you listened to? Share it below and be sure to tag @thetraderisk.
Posted in Podcast
Tagged with Bear Markets, Day Trading, Discretionary Trading, Drawdowns, Fundamental Analysis, Market Environments, Price Action, Smarter Trading, Swing Trading, Technical Analysis, Trading Psychology
Guess I didn’t find useful information going forward from here dealing with equities in current market.
Did agree your comments on rotation! Stayed in my long term growth stocks. Don’t agree with Cramer and pundits regarding this. Of course, I am down but will pass with time? Always comes back!
Like definitions of: