Frank Zorrilla — Tactically swing trading stocks for 1 to 10 day moves
Smarter Trading Podcast Episode 12
Our guest today is Frank Zorrilla. Frank is the founder of Zor Capital, a registered investment advisory firm in New York. He started his career in 1997 and has been professionally managing money since 98.
In this episode we get tactical discussing Frank’s short-term swing trading strategy. We talk about the importance of knowing where a stock’s move started from, how to be situationally aware of your market surroundings, and why profit targets are all just made up numbers.
Frank also talks about the importance of owning the market as a core holding and how to trade around that position tactically. If you are a short-term swing trader, this ones for you.
Please enjoy this episode with Frank Zorrilla.
This episode is sponsored by Investor’s Business Daily
I don’t need to tell you that the key to succeeding in the stock market is having a system and sticking to it. That’s where Investor’s Business Daily comes in. IBD has helped investors navigate every market cycle with their time-tested methodology for over 35 years.
Right now Smarter Trading podcast listeners can get their first 2 months of IBD Digital, a subscription service that gives you access to IBD’s proprietary market analysis and top trade ideas for only $20 by signing up at investors.com/evan.
Watch the interview in video here
Key learning points & timestamps
- 0:00 Introduction
- 2:45 Frank’s early career as a cold caller, series 7 broker, and mentors
- 8:10 Frank launches his own advisory firm in 2011
- 13:05 Zor Capital’s philosophy and Frank’s pitch to investors
- 15:20 holding SPY as a core holding
- 21:45 How to tactically swing trade the market over 1 to 10 days
- 25:35 moves start when things look at little ugly
- 27:40 Putting in the work and figuring out your trading beliefs
- 32:50 Situational awareness, market environments, and market breadth
- 39:55 Using volatility index (VIX) and volume in stocks
- 44:55 Multiple time-frame trading and shorting stocks
- 53:25 Trading slumps and when things aren’t going well
- 58:25 Profit targets are made up & risk/rewards are dynamic
Highlight clip: Own the S&P500 as a core holding and trade around it
Enjoy what you listened to? Share it below and be sure to tag @thetraderisk.