Samantha LaDuc — Macro-to-micro analysis hunting for major market inflection points
Smarter Trading Podcast Episode 17
Our guest today is Samantha LaDuc. Samantha is the Founder of LaDucTrading.com and CIO at LaDuc Capital LLC. Samantha is known for timing major market inflection points in equities, commodities, bonds, currencies, cryptos and especially volatility.
In this episode we break down Samantha’s macro-to-micro framework and cover a wide range of topics. We start with some high-level macro discussions of why it’s important to pay attention to policy decisions and credit markets in order to inform stock market movement.
We then drill down into the importance of volatility and technical analysis in order to frame out trades, construct a portfolio, and anticipate market moves.
We also discuss the recent inflow of brand new traders entering financial markets and how Samantha is helping onboard more women into the space.
Samantha wears so many hats, has a “go anywhere” approach and really enjoys what she does.
Please enjoy this episode with Samantha LaDuc.
This episode is sponsored by Investor’s Business Daily
I don’t need to tell you that the key to succeeding in the stock market is having a system and sticking to it. That’s where Investor’s Business Daily comes in. IBD has helped investors navigate every market cycle with their time-tested methodology for over 35 years.
Right now Smarter Trading podcast listeners can get their first 2 months of IBD Digital, a subscription service that gives you access to IBD’s proprietary market analysis and top trade ideas for only $20 by signing up at investors.com/evan.
Watch the interview in video here
Key learning points & timestamps
- 2:40 How Samantha starts her trading days
- 4:05 Macro-to-micro framework and the importance of technicals
- 7:30 Credit markets, market technicals, policy decisions
- 11:25 Constructing a portfolio and selecting trade opportunities
- 13:30 Chase, swing, and trend and structuring trades
- 18:10 How to identify durable trends based on themes and catalysts
- 21:40 Individual stock earnings, playing post moves
- 27:25 Volatility, Gamma, and trading parabolas
- 30:30 Women in trading and finance
- 37:00 Market breadth as risk indicators
- 39:30 Sector rotation and ratio charts
- 43:15 Aggregating information from a variety of market signals
- 45:20 Contrarian opinions & common trader beliefs
Highlight clip: Finding durable trend trades in financial markets
Enjoy what you listened to? Share it below and be sure to tag @thetraderisk.