TradingView Smart Trend Filters
Smart Trend Filters are a custom price & volume based indicator that measure the trend of any stock or ETF. They come equipped with a unique color coded display based on underlying trend strength.
Smart Trend Filters are the Trade Risk’s preferred indicator for analyzing a stocks trend using price and volume. They are highly adaptive to recent price action and the real magic comes from the color coded display to signal trend strength.
How do they work
Smart Trend Filters look and feel like traditional moving averages, however there are numerous improvements that make them much more intelligent and useful than their simple average counterpart.
- Volume is used in the their calculation
- Dots are plotted to measure separation and angle from bar to bar
- There is a color coding display to help the trader assess strength and possible transition points
How to use it
There are many ways to apply Smart Trend Filters, some of which include:
- A better way to trend follow markets
- Context and direction when discretionary trading
- Easily know when the trend is strongest
- Easily know when the trend is likely to pause and then continue
- Easily know when the trend is likely to pause and then reverse
- For signaling and strategy purposes
- You can adjust parameters for longer/shorter look back periods to fine tune your trend analysis
- You can display Smart Trend Filters as an optional background color
- Designed specifically for daily and weekly time-frame charts
- Coded to work seamlessly for all time-frames
- There must be a volume component to the stock/asset you are charting for this indicator to display
Any questions? Contact us.